To generate the ultimate infusion of successful concepts into NASA's long-term plans, NIAC follows a process of Inspiration, Solicitation, Review, Selection and Nurturing leading to Infusion of the concepts into NASA. Throughout this process, NIAC will engage in critical ongoing activities for:
- Inspiration and encouragement of paradigm-changing innovations.
- Solicitation, review by innovative peers, and selection of advanced concepts.
- Collaboration and communication with NASA at all levels.
- Collaboration and connectivity with all constituencies of the technical community outside of NASA, including other government agencies.
- Education and outreach to the technical community, the nation's educational system, and the mainstream media.
- Nurturing of NIAC advanced concepts by collaborating with NIAC Fellows.
- Feedback from NASA, other agencies and all constituencies of the technical community.
- Infusion and transition of successful concepts into NASA's long range plans.